Notre Dame De La Recouvrance

First parish church of Quebec; built by

Champlain, 1633, and enlarged, 1635. Totally destroyed by fire, June 14,

1640. Replaced in 1645 by the Church of Notre Dame de la Paix, now the

Basilica of Quebec. =Index=: (Samuel de Champlain era) First service in, 239; Champlain's

bequest to, 239; gifts to, 240; consecrated under name of Immaculate

Conception, 240; burnt, 241. =Bib.=: Doughty, Cradle of New France.