Upper Canada College Toronto

Originally established in 1807 as the

Home District Grammar School of York, the first principal of which was

Dr. G. O. Stuart, who was succeeded by Dr. Strachan in 1813. In 1816 a

new building was erected, popularly known as the "Old Blue School."

Upper Canada College proper dates from 1829, when provision was made by

the government for its establishment. In 1891 the college was moved to

the present building in Deer Park. =Index=: (Baldwin / La Fontaine / Hincks era) Land grant for, in

1831, 191-192. =Bib.=: Adam and Dickson, Upper Canada College;

Canada: An Ency., vol. 4.