Burlington Bay Canal





An open cut across a sand-bar at the entrance of

Burlington Bay, designed to enable vessels to reach the city of Hamilton

from the lake. It was authorized by the Legislature, 1823, and

completed, 1832. Enlarged, 1841. =Index=: (Baldwin / La Fontaine / Hincks era) Provision made for by

government in 1841, 98.





Burlamache Burns facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Feedback