Beausejour





A fort built by the French in 1750-1751, on Chignecto Bay,

three miles from the British Fort Lawrence. A little tidal stream, the

Missaguash, ran between--nominally marking the dividing line between

British and French territory. The fort was captured by the British under

Monckton, in 1755, and renamed Fort Cumberland. =Bib.=: Parkman,

Montcalm and Wolfe; Bradley, Fight with France; Hannay, History of

Acadia; Murdoch, History of Nova Scotia: Campbell, History of Nova

Scotia; Selections from the Public Documents of Nova Scotia, ed. by

Akins.





Beaupre Seigniory Of Beaver facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Feedback