Athabaska Lake





First discovered by Peter Pond, about 1778. Ten years

later the first trading post on the lake was built by Roderick McKenzie

of the North West Company, and named Fort Chipewyan. It was afterwards

moved to the north side of the lake. =Index=: Frobisher's men penetrate

to, 5; importance of in fur trade, 21, 24; called Lake of the Hills, 24.





Athabaska Athabaska Pass facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Feedback