Annapolis Royal





When Nicholson, with his fleet and New England

troops, captured Port Royal in 1710, he changed the name to Annapolis

Royal, in honour of Queen Anne. It was besieged the following year by

the Acadians with their Micmac and Penobscot allies, but the New England

garrison held the fort. Under treaty of Utrecht, 1713, ceded to England

by France. In 1744 Paul Mascarene successfully defended the place

against Du Vivier. See also Port Royal. =Bib.=: Calnek and Savary,

History of the County of Annapolis; Nicholson, Journal of the Capture

of Annapolis (N. S. Hist. Soc., vol. 1).





Annand William 1808-1892 Born In Halifax County Entered The Nova Anne Saint facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Feedback