Canadian History Dictionary Langevin Sir Hector Louis 1826-1906 Born At Quebec Entered
Parliament in 1867, as member for Dorchester; subsequently repr...
Newspaper published at Brantford. Established, 1834. =Index=:
Macdonald Hugh John 1850- Born In Kingston Ontario Second Son
of Sir John A. Macdonald. Educated at Queen's and Toronto Unive...
Expulsion Of Acadians
See Acadians, Expulsion of the.
Literary And Historical Society Of Quebec
(Louis Joseph Papineau era) Founded by Lord
Dalhousie, 41. =Bi...
Biard Pierre 1565-1622 Came To Port Royal In 1611 With Masse The
first of their order in New France. The relations of the Jesuit...
La Grange-trianon Mlle De
(Count Frontenac era) Becomes wife of Frontenac, 63.
(Samuel de Champlain era) Wife of Louis Hebert, 112, 146.
Quebec Siege Of 1690
Sir William Phipps, having captured Port Royal
in May of this ...
(Samuel de Champlain era) Jesuit mission at, 235.
Sherwood Levins Peters 1777-1850 Born In St John's Lower Canada
Removed to Upper Canada; studied law and called to the bar, 180...
(General Brock era) At entrance to Niagara River, lighthouse,
Purchas Samuel 1575?-1626 A Graduate Of St John's College
Cambridge. Rector of St. Martin's, Ludgate, London, 1614-1626. ...
A city of British Columbia, founded by Colonel R. C.
Moody in ...
Rowan Sir William
Born in Ireland, 1789. Entered the army as ensign,
1783; saw s...
(General Brock era) Purchase of Louisiana by, 42; consequent ch...
Cartier And His Time
Minutes of the Executive Council,
correspondence, registers, i...
Miller James Andrew 1839-1886 Born In Galt Ontario Called To The
bar, 1863; judge of the Court of Queen's Bench for Manitoba, 18...
Index : Sir John A Macdonald Era Proposed Government Subsidy In Connection With University
scheme, 29; college and its property secularized, becoming Univ...
Jesuits' Estates Act
Passed by the Mercier government in Quebec,
1888. Following th...
Built by Alexander Hunter Murray of the Hudson's Bay
Company, at the mouth of Porcupine River in 1847. John Bell had
descended the Porcupine to its mouth in 1844. Although Fort Yukon was on
Russian territory, the Company maintained it until the sale of Alaska to
the United States, when they were summarily ejected, 1869. The Company
thereupon moved up the Porcupine to the Ramparts, where they built
Rampart House, then supposed to be on British territory, but proved to
be west of the boundary. The fort was moved twelve miles up the river,
and in 1890 was again moved to the eastward. =Index=: (Sir James Douglas era) Built by
Murray (not Bell) near mouth of Porcupine River, 125. =Bib.=: Murray,
Journal (Canadian Archives, 1910).
Previous: Fort Yale