A trading-post on the left bank of the Peace River, about
lat. 56 deg., and long. 118 deg. 40'. Built by A. R. McLeod for the North
West Company about the beginning of the nineteenth century. It was named
after the "cold, bleak, rock-built castle of the McLeods of Skye."
Daniel Williams Harmon stationed there, 1808-1810, and Simon Fraser
visited him there on his way east from exploring the river that bears
his name. =Bib.=: Burpee, Search for the Western Sea.
Next: Du Parc Jean Godet Sieur
Previous: Dunning John