Canadian History Dictionary Raisin Sister Marie
(Bishop Laval era) Member of Congregation de Notre Dame, 91.
Palmer Edward 1809-1889 Tilley Era Represents Prince Edward Island At
Quebec Conference, 77.
Kane Paul 1810-1871 Born In Toronto Received His First Training
under Drury, the drawing-master at Upper Canada College. Spent ...
(George Brown Era) Organized by Sir John A. Macdonald, out of o...
Abercromby James 1706-1781 Entered The Army And Obtained
commission as major, 1742; lieutenant-colonel, 1744; colonel, 1...
Great Bear Lake
In Northern Canada. Area 11,821 square miles.
Discovered by me...
(General Brock era) Succeeds in landing United States troops ab...
Johnson Guy 1740-1788 Deputy To Sir William Johnson As
superintendent of Indian affairs, and succeeded latter in offic...
The main route of the fur traders, from Hudson Bay to
Literary And Historical Society Of Quebec
(Louis Joseph Papineau era) Founded by Lord
Dalhousie, 41. =Bi...
(Bishop Laval era) At junction of Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, ...
Bib : Hannay History Of New Brunswick
(Samuel de Champlain era) Wife of Guillaume Couillard, 146.
(George Brown Era) Roads in Upper Canada in 1834, 54; improveme...
Marie De L'incarnation Marie Martin Nee Guyart 1599-1672
Born at Tours, France. Married early, and was left a widow afte...
(General Brock era) Brig belonging to North West Company, 210; ...
(William Lyon Mackenzie era) Publishes Correspondent and Advoca...
Represented Lord Selkirk's interests as governor
of the Red Ri...
Served in the siege of Quebec. On July 29, 1759, in
(Bishop Laval era) On the zeal of the missionaries, 61.
Chateau St Louis
At Quebec. Commenced by Governor de Montmagny,
1647, and completed by his successor, D'Ailleboust. Demolished, 1694,
and rebuilt with new wing. Enlarged, 1723; and in 1808 renovated and
again enlarged, by government of Lower Canada. Up to the close of French
regime, it was the official residence of the governors of Canada; and
after the cession, their British successors continued to occupy the
building. It was destroyed by fire, 1834. The Chateau Frontenac hotel
now stands immediately back of the site of the Chateau St. Louis, which
occupied part of what is now Dufferin Terrace. See Habitation de
Quebec. =Index=: (Count Frontenac era) Construction begun, 15. (General Brock era) Description of, 90;
occupied by Sir James Craig, 90. (Sir Frederick Haldimand era) Governor's residence at Quebec,
169, 222, 304, 314; balls at, 223; wing added by Haldimand named in his
honour, 344. =Bib.=: Gagnon, Le Fort el la Chateau St. Louis; Doughty,
Fortress of Quebec; Douglas, Old France in the New World.
Next: Chateaufort Marc Antoine Bras-de-fer De
Previous: Chateau Haldimand